zondag 6 juni 2010

Being single

Is there something as a perishable date for being single ?

Since the years slipping by more friends start living together (with their boy/girlfriend),

And as much as we like to believe that nothing’s changing,
parties become different for both singles and couples and so do dinners and vacations..

I sometimes find myself worrying about the future.

I see a lonely old lady, surrounded by cats ( I don’t even want cats),
drinking tea, and reading love stories all day every day.. okay, maybe something more exciting but still lonely.

No, that’s not what I had planned.

After a failed relationship and too many “interesting boys” I am now ready for Mr. Right.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t need me a millionaire with a diamond ring, wedding and everything.

Just someone who makes the road of life a litte more fun and less lonely.

At what age, after how many disappointments and buckets of B&J’s do you decide to give it up ?

And what makes you decide to try again, not knowing if he’s mister right or mister rightnow..

So I replaced the disappointments by girlfriends,
the B&J’s by wine & champagne and decided to build my dreams.
Only one thing hasn’t changed: I’m still ready for Mister Right.


-written by me-

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten